I don't even remember cutting out the fabric, but found the cutout fabric sitting in my workroom closet... at the latest I think it's been 2 years. For awhile, I hadn't sewn anything for my husband so I think it was going to be a project for him... that's probably why it became an UFO...j/k! ;) Since the UFO Busting initiative, I decided I should go ahead and finish it for him. Luckily, fabric.com keeps your order history so I was able to look it up, and this fabric is from 2006! In a sense... it's stashbusting and UFO busting!
Sorry... too lazy to move the binder and retake.
Pattern: Simplicity 9499 (not found on Simplicity.com)
Fabric: gray jersey knit from fabric.com in 2006 (my 2nd order with them)
Cost: $7 = $4 (fabric at ~$2/yd) + $1 (pattern) + $2 (notions)
What I Love: Easy peasy pattern
I don't remember too many of the details but I believe it's just 2 pattern pieces since that's what I found, the front and the back. I didn't bother to take out the instructions this time around, but did need to pick up elastic at the store. I sewed the side seams first then the inseams, turned one leg out and put it inside the other leg (right sides together) matching up the "u" seam and stitched. After that, I added the elastic at the waist and did a 1 1/2" deep hem with double stitching. I also stitched the elastic down on the side seams so it doesn't get twisted after washing and wear.